Friday, July 21, 2006

AND I'M BACK...

*sigh*

And I'm back.

The last three weeks were spent in Australia, watching water spiral counter-clockwise down the drain, roaming the wintery (in July it should be noted) streets of Melbourne wrapped in layers of black clothing, eating excessive amounts of sushi, savoring the best damned steak I will ever eat in this lifetime and spending every moment I could manage holding my wife close to me.

I returned last night to find that in the last twenty days the street outside my house looks remarkably like the lunar surface (which casts my unfortunate tiny Cuore in the role of a Lunar Buggy), my blog has been hijacked by a co-worker (whose "LOL" exclamations are like graffiti on the pristine surface of my erudite and articulate prose) and an infestation of bugs has attempted to take up residence inside my air conditioner.

That last part I discovered this morning by the way, because when I got home there was no electricity. Open mouth. Insert gun.

A couple of quick observations before I spent the next hour screaming into a pillow:

- Karachi from above looks remarkably like Basra (or these days parts of Beirut) must. Honestly. After the aesthetic symmetry of the Melbourne and Kuala Lumpur skylines, I cringed at the ramshackle, dystopian, grime and dust smeared city that we titled "The City of Lights" with absolutely no sense of irony.

- It is so fucking hot. So so fucking hot.

- I look great in my new red Converse sneakers. Oh and I now own a pink/salmon shirt.

- I miss my wife already. Which means I will be grumpier and snarkier than ever before for the next few weeks. Expect much Collateral Damage when my rage is unleashed on the slightest of perceived slights.

Now I am being summoned to a shitty meeting with a shitty client in a shitty conference room.

I shit on "welcome home" signs.

5 Comments:

Blogger KM said...

ur lucky.
it was a unanimous decision here that you were to be forgiven for everything for a week or two, cuz of all the withdrawel symptoms we're so expecting you to go through!
and if you ever need a shoulder to cry on...check with sultan down in the kitchen!
:D
i hijacked ur blog it in a nice way!
:)

9:22 AM  
Blogger mAn[S]o0r said...

welcome baq!

12:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You dont need to use cursing to convey your point my friend !!! Just a thought

5:37 PM  
Blogger mAn[S]o0r said...

went to your blackfish performance last nite... and all i have to say is... you were AMAZING!! I can honestly say you've made a fan out of me! only sad couldnt make it before! Just wanted 2 tell u :D

7:21 AM  
Blogger Abbas Halai said...

im back in a couple of weeks. will try and hook up then.

8:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home