Wednesday, February 15, 2006

LINKY GOODNESS...

Still hung over from a marathon SCRUBS season 5 viewing that stretched late into last night. I *heart* SCRUBS. Excellent off-the-wall comedy writing.

Other things that have brought me joy recently:

EXTRAS by Ricky Gervais. The guy who previously did The Office. I love his approach to television comedy. His Stand-up shows are a bit weak but the man can work a fine script.

Also managed to download an interview of the notoriously reticient Larry David conducted by Gervais. You can read about it here. You can learn more about comedy just by watching this then anything else out there these days. They articulate alot of my frustrations with teleivision comedy and what makes people laugh.

Been in touch with a bunch of comedians in NY recently. If nothing else, I think I can manage to set up a few shows in NY and Boston. That is if I can go. Tentatively planning summer of 2007. Also talking to Azhar Usman about either me coming there or trying to get Allah Made Me Funny to come here. If anyone can help on the logisitical side of that please contact me.

Oh, and even though I can't watch it because my computer is acting wonky, watch Tinkus World, a new on-line series of short films by Usman. Should be good.

Saad just emailed about the next open-mic on the 27th of Feb. Will be performing there if I can get some new material to actually be...y'know...funny.

Oh, and Saad got interviewed by the Associated Press of New York. Go read it. Great interview. I'm proud of him. Not jealous. Nope. Just proud.

Bastard. Heh.

I just starred in three TV ads for a client. Silly commercials that could have been great if the client had a decent budget or even let me do the ads the way they were in my head. Either way, if you want to see me as a Mad Scientist, Frustrated Actor or Strict school teacher then watch TVOne for the next few weeks. It was fun, but I am cemented in my decision to never do anything on TV again. Pakistani television just is no where near where I want it to be, in terms of production values, content or maturity.

God, I want to do some short films. Need money. Lots of money. And time. Oodles of time.

I think that's it for now. Enough linky goodness in this post to keep you busy for a while.

3 Comments:

Blogger atrophying said...

i lurve scrubs. i can quote from it effortlessly. but if you want great humor in the show, watch the 2nd season - that by far is the funniest out of all of them.

8:25 AM  
Blogger saba said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:38 AM  
Blogger saba said...

i saw the mad scientist ad and somehow i guessed it was you. but now, dear mad scientist, i would like to register my protest. you see, im working at 91 as an rj and i had to play that promo after every song i played. and now i want to know, how exactly is my kismat going to badlo-fy?

6:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home