Monday, August 21, 2006

TAKE THIS JOB AND...

After 4.5 years in Advertising in Pakistan, wading hip-deep in a sea of mediocrity and frustration, things are changing. In a months time I won't be waking up every morning thinking "what the fuck am I doing with my life", nor will I end my days with "where did I put that damn gun?" Or atleast not for the same reasons.

I won't be an Art Director. I won't be a Copy Writer. I won't be ignoring a life-time of training in design and writing to churn out some crap that the client is positive is the greatest ad ever, just because their mediocre IBA/CBM education has ill-prepared them to do anything other than change the diaper on a diarrhetic chimpanzee.

No more lying about projects to friends so that they don't mock me or beat me. No more putting up with the useless and entirely idiotic opinions of a bunch of self-important idiots who have decided that since they are "Brand Managers" their words carry some weight, even though a dyslexic retard with a drinking problem, tourettes syndrome and an epilepsy attack could make a more useful point.

I am ready for frustrations on a whole other level and about a whole new series of issues, but I'm sure I'll be able to sleep better at night because atleast I can say to myself it's for a worthwhile cause.

And that's worth everything in the world to me.

What am I going to do? I'll tell you in a while. It will be something new and challenging and (for me) scary as fuck. But damn if I'm not looking forward to it.
In the meantime you can go to www.samishah.com and ogle my artwork or you can trawl through my archives and read some old stand-up material.

Now if you'll excuse, I need to start watching the third season of Entourage. Johnny Drama is my new role model.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahah...man Sami, incidentally it occurred to me that changing the diapers on a diarrhetic monkey might actually be quite difficult....

11:13 PM  
Blogger KM said...

hahahahahahahahaha...
*i am avoiding actual text because i am still employed!*
lol!
i gots to follow the rules!
*now that ive editted my blog and all!*
:D

1:56 AM  
Blogger insiyasyed said...

khizzy's paying unknown amount of money to each person who wishes you a happy birthday... so... here goes- happy birthday sami shah. :p

5:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home