Sunday, November 13, 2005

AND DONE!

It's done. Over. Kaput. Finis. Khallas.

There are a thousand things that I want to say about the show, but some of them are difficult to say without appearing egotistical. So no self-praise, other than: It went better than I could have hoped. Which is something to be proud of.

Tickets sold insanely on the last day. Audience was packed in so tight I couldn't see any empty spaces for even one more person. They laughed at all the right times and even at some wrong ones (I can't believe I never saw the sexual aspect of "rear-ended).

I messed up a few times. Nothing major, but it was there. And once the mike killed a joke.

Got it all on video though. If the sound turns out alright I might make copies for anyone who wants them.

Will write more later. They said some nice things over at Karachi Metblogs and I know Herald, Images and the Friday Times had reviewers there so reviews soon.

In the meantime I'm going to enjoy the fact that I don't have to carry these jokes in my head any longer. No more obsessing over the material. No more studying Stand-up.

Until I can come up with another hours worth of material at least...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i would LOVE to watch what you've got on tape! how do i get my hands on one?

10:59 PM  
Blogger Sami said...

Once I get a DVD burned I'll figure out a way to make it available to people who want it.

11:29 PM  
Blogger sam said...

It was absolutely fantastic. Thank you!!!! And I know the name of the female who went WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTT????? on your rear-ended joke and got it started. If you want revenge, let me know. :p
Another show ... soon please!!!!

1:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am in the club with Q.
Actually I just got to know about the existence of Blackfish and stand-up comedy in karachi just a couple of weeks ago.
I hope you are doing some shows in Dec!
and Yeah. I would love a copy too!!

6:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home