Tuesday, December 06, 2005

BLASPHEME NOT MINE FAITHFUL...

So apparently I am blasphemous.

A friend recently called and told me about this. You all know Faizan Ul-Haq? The balding bass-heavy VJ on Indus Music? He has a talk show now. Apparently last week he decided to critique my show on-air. An unsolicited review but what they heck, it's his forum and perogative. He went on to bash it apparently, which is also his right to do so. And then he called it "Blasphemous." Repeatedly.

That I take issue with.

To start with, the bit in my performance he was so upset about was not insulting to God or his messengers in any way. It was a bit sensitive, yes, but not blasphemous. So he basically didn't get the joke. Which is cool. If you've done as much cocaine as he has there is alot that will dissolve into the cesspit that was once your grey-matter.

But dont fucking call me blasphemous on TV. This is Pakistan. Not the safest place to level such a criticism. Especially on air. There has been no response and I attribute it to the fact that his current audience-base of 2 aren't religiously inclined. I take issue with him making a dangerous claim like that, thus endangering me and those around me. I also take issue with his right to call me so, given that I've seen him staggeringly drunk and high on several occasions.

Fuckhead.

Some friends have been after me to take it up with IM. Apparently he called Noor Jehan a prostitute on-air in the past and got into trouble over it. But industry insiders tell me that Ghazanfar, his boss, will probably just think of it as a means of attracting attention and controversy to an otherwise crap show. So not much chance of getting Faizan reprimanded.

Gonna let it go. Making a big deal out of it will just give him attention unnecessarily. Don't want to fluff up his sense of self-importance.

Still sticks in my craw though. Alot. Might take it up with him if I see him around somewhere.

Fucking irresponsible moron. I wish he'd at least look the word up in a dictionary before throwing it around like that.

Has anyone seen the show? Any other witnesses to his fantastic ignorance?

*sorry about this...just needed to vent*

5 Comments:

Blogger moizza said...

overindulged locust

7:10 AM  
Blogger Abbas Halai said...

that's pretty bizarre. i met him a few times and he was pertty high then too.

9:24 AM  
Blogger Arun Reginald said...

What the hell? You're right. The show's crap, too and especially his glasses.

9:37 PM  
Blogger insiyasyed said...

i was on his show once as a guest for the simple reason that the second guest was saquib malik and i have huge respect for him!

two minutes on the show i realized the guy's kinda full of himself and had no idea about his guests at all! at one point i praised saquib for the brilliant detail in his work. faizan cut me short and said, "it's not just saquib, everyone gives attention to detail!" haha! stupid moron for sure! kept cutting our conversation with his own personal stories and crap!

p.s. i haven't seen your stand-up as yet but i have only heard a lot of good about it. keep it UP.

p.p.s. i just saw you in my office! :)

12:09 AM  
Blogger Xeb said...

Ignore mildly disturbing things! :P

Ps: If the ignore thing doesnt work I suggest we bomb him and then let it on that the terrorists must have mistaken him for KFC!

1:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home