Saturday, February 25, 2006

Okay, two days left before the Monday Open-Mic and I still have no material. I have bits and pieces of one but honestly it is nothing fantastic. I know it can get laughs but it really isn't that funny. Maybe a filler between two more solid bits.

I had a weird dream last night. I am performing
at the Open Mic and I am doing some kind of new Alternative Comedy stuff. Like I read out topics from my material, not the jokes, just the topics. I do a whole presentation on the Cartoon Crisis which is absolutely hilarious in my head but not funny to anyone else.

Dammit! How do Aziz Ansari, Eugene Mirman and the other NY Alternative Comics come up with their material. What is that place in your head you go to when you want to move away from plain observational comedy and move into new directions. 

I have always had trouble thinking outside the box. Inside the box I am king. King of the box. All four brown cardboard walls of the box are my domain. Outside it though I am a foreigner in a strange land. The people talk different and have strange customs...

I have no clue where I'm going with this.

Tonight: I write comedy.


Tomorrow Morning: I delete crap written tonight and start over.


Honestly, I should have just become a banker like all my other friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home